Police descend on estate after gun is fired in street

A large crime scene was set up in a residential area after shots were fired at a house in Kirkby.

Police were called to the house in Park Brow Drive after it was reported the attack caused damage to a ground floor window. Thankfully there was nobody in property at the time of the shooting which it is thought happened some time before 11pm on Friday, April 22.

An investigation is now under way, with crime scene investigations being carried out along with house-to-house enquiries. Officers are also examining CCTV footage in a bid to identify those responsible, and are out and about in the local community to give reassurance to the local community.

READ MORE : Man, 25, woke from surgery speaking in a different accent

Force Duty Officer Inspector Jim Wilde said: “The investigation is in its early stages and we are keen to speak to any witnesses or anyone with any information.

“This is a residential area and there are likely to be some people who may have witnessed the incident or know who is responsible. I urge those people to come forward, either directly to the police, or via Crimestoppers.

Merseyside Police scene on Park Brow Drive junction with Bullens Road, Kirkby,
Merseyside Police scene on Park Brow Drive junction with Bullens Road, Kirkby,

“If you have CCTV, dashcam or footage on any other devices please check them to see if you have any footage that you could share with us which could help us find those responsible.

“Firing a gun in a residential street is extremely reckless and dangerous and shows a total disregard for the safety of local residents.

“So if you know anything, please tell us and we’ll take action against those responsible.”

If you have any CCTV, dashcam or doorbell footage or information about this incident, please DM the social media desk on Twitter @MerPolCC or Facebook ‘Merseyside Police Contact Centre’ quoting incident reference 0261 of 23 April.

You can also contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or via their online form here.

Leave a Comment